Home Business Magazine Online
Whether you are a brand-new start up in Sydney or you’re a long established business and you are desperate to turn things up a notch, trying to cut through the noise in such a competitive marketplace can feel like a towering impossibility. The reality? It’s a lot easier than you might imagine!
In this article, we’re going to share the key to outperforming other local businesses in Sydney (spoiler alert: there’s more than one key)!
Key #1: Get your brand in order
The first key is to take a step back and look at the brand you’ve built. Does it truly capture the essence of your business? Does it speak with your perfect customer profile? Do you have a clear and consistent message? Are all of your socials in sync? Is your design style and language choice dependable?
Unless your brand is 100% airtight (and believable), making a name for yourself in Sydney and out-shining the competition will be nigh on impossible.
- Note: Don’t be afraid to re-invent your brand if necessary.
Key #2: Know thine competitor
Many business owners underestimate the power of knowing exactly who their biggest competitors are — and where their weaknesses lie.
Study them like you’re about to be tested on it!
It’s not about emulating everything they do right; it’s about looking for empty spaces and filling them.
The more data you have on your competitors, the better positioned you will be to find your unique voice in a noisy market.
Key #3: Master your local SEO
Claim your Google My Business page and perfect it.
- Carry out extensive local keyword research and use your findings to formulate compelling sales copy.
- Add all of your contact details and location information.
- Upload high-res photos and video content.
- Encourage customers to leave reviews and engage with all feedback.
- Address the more frequently asked questions clearly and with concision.
- Link your socials.
- Engage with your local community as often as possible.
- Submit your business to all of the top local directory websites.
Do everything that your competitors are not. Treat your GMB profile like a new lover; lavish it with love and attention and watch as your relationship blossoms.
Key #4: Look for strategic partnerships
Remember, you aren’t in direct competition with every local business in Sydney. If you’re going to war you better find yourself some valuable allies and leverage their resources. Here’s an example:
- If you run a local gym in Sydney and you are struggling to compete, why not consider partnering with a local sports clothing store? Or a healthful café that serves high-protein smoothies made from local produce?
Remember the idiom: “Strength in numbers”, and never underestimate the power new partnerships can bring.
Key #5: Invest heavily in your employees
Your brand and business is only as good as the people who represent them. If you truly want to outshine your competitors, treat your employees exceptionally well.
The fact is, your employees can be your biggest cheerleaders. Consider the following two scenarios:
- “Urgh…it’s a job. It keeps a roof over my head so I can’t complain.”
- “I LOVE my job. We have such a great laugh together.”
Your employee’s wellbeing and overall perception of your business will rub off on everyone that they know and interact with — most of whom are in your local community.
Nurture your employees and not only will it ultimately boost their overall productivity, but it will bolster your brand image wonderfully.
Conclusion: Go the extra mile
Ultimately, out-shining the local competition in Sydney is all about commitment. It’s about going the extra mile and doing everything that most people aren’t prepared to do.
Another critical factor to consider is time-management. How much time do you and your employees have to invest in growing your online presence? Because if you truly want to make an impact and turn things up a notch, it is almost certainly worth investing in an SEO agency, so you can focus your precious time and resources on doing what you do best, while leaving your digital marketing requirements to the experts.
The post What Is the Key to Outperforming Other Local Businesses? appeared first on Home Business Magazine.