Home Business Magazine Online
Screen printing is a popular technique used by people in the clothing industry for many years. People have used this technique to create multiple articles of clothing like t-shirts, hoodies, and sweatshirts. Other materials like tablecloths and table runners are also being made with the help of screen printing. Here we are going to discuss how the screen printing process has helped in creating beautiful clothes for people all around the world.
The custom screen printing process is a process that has multiple steps. This extensive process is broken down into smaller steps so that a beautiful piece is created at the end, from creating the stencil or screen to the preparation of fabric and the application of silk. Here we will dive into the world of screenprinting and how it works.
- Design creation: The first step of the screen printing process is design creation. This design can be created on the computer digitally or by hand. The created design is transferred to the stencil from where the process starts.
- Screen preparation: The screen for the screen printing process is made of a fine mesh material such as nylon or polyester. The screen is stretched over a frame that is already made. This frame is coated with a light-sensitive emulsion.
- Exposure: After the stencil has been placed on the screen, it is exposed to light. The light hardens the image leaving the stencil on the screen. The areas of the screen that are not covered by the stencil will not allow ink to pass through the fabric and won’t leave a mark on the fabric.
- Fabric preparation: The fabric has to be prepped by washing and drying to remove all the dirt, debris, or chemicals from it. These chemicals might affect the printing process if left on the fabric. The fabric is then placed on the printing press, and it is secured into place.
- Ink application: The ink on the screen is used to spread the ink evenly on the stencil. The ink is then pressed through the screen onto the fabric. This process makes the design look more beautiful on the fabric.
- Drying and curing: When the ink has been applied, you have to wait for the fabric to cool down. The curing process involves heating the fabric at a high temperature which sets the ink deep into the fabric to ensure that it will not feed or peel.
Advantages of screen printing:
- Durability: screen printing is a durable method to ensure the designs will not peel or fade. This is the best for creating sports apparel, promotional items, and other garments that have to withstand wear and tear.
- Versatility: Screenprinting is a versatile method to create a variety of fabrics. These fabrics are supplied worldwide, and all the best options to create customized pieces.
- Cost-effective: screen printing is a cost-effective method to make beautiful garments.
By using methods like screenprinting we can benefit our society. Screen-printing is an efficient method to create beautiful clothes that will last for a long time.
The post How Is Screen Printing Used in the Making of Garments? appeared first on Home Business Magazine.