Home Business Magazine Online
Software tools for e-commerce services are designed to automate business processes in online stores and trading platforms. They allow you to manage the movement of goods, process orders, accept payments, conduct marketing campaigns, etc. When choosing software, users compare indicators like price category, design, etc. Companies involved in developing ecommerce software solution development produce different types of services that satisfy the diverse needs of customers.
Not all programs for e-commerce services have the same functionality. Many have unique features that can be purchased at an additional cost. The main characteristics of the software include the following options:
- Product management. E-commerce services allow you to manage your product catalog and add descriptions, images, prices, and other characteristics.
- Order processing. Programs allow you to accept orders from customers, track their status, and notify customers about the order’s progress.
- Payments. The platforms provide various methods of accepting payments, such as credit cards, e-wallets, payment via mobile phone, etc.
- Marketing. Modern software offers various tools to conduct effective marketing campaigns, such as email campaigns, targeted advertising, SEO, etc.
- Analytics. E-commerce platforms have built-in functions for collecting data on sales, conversion, average bills, and other key performance indicators.
- Integration with other services. The software provides the ability to integrate the service with existing CMS, CRM, etc.
Types of software for e-commerce
Depending on the purpose, e-commerce services may include different tools. There are different types of software, including:
- Online stores are the most common type of e-commerce software. They allow you to create full-fledged online platforms with a product catalog, shopping cart, payment, and delivery. Examples of such solutions: WooCommerce, Shopify, Magento.
- Marketplaces are platforms for selling goods and services, where sellers can post their goods and services, and buyers can find and buy them. Examples: Amazon, AliExpress, eBay.
- Discount and coupon aggregators are applications or websites that allow users to find and use discounts and coupons when shopping in online stores. Examples: Groupon, discountochnik.ru.
- Payment systems are services that provide processing of online payments and transfer of payment information to stores and banks. Examples: PayPal, Stripe.
- Analytics tools are software that help you analyze data on sales, user behavior, and the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. Examples: Google Analytics, Yandex.Metrica.
The list of the best e-commerce software tools includes the following resources:
- Shopify is a well-known e-platform software. It is valued for its ease of use and settings, a wide range of special functions, and different tariffs.
- Wix is considered one of the most versatile software offerings in the e-commerce market. This universal product guarantees easy access to templates and simple automation without special programming knowledge.
- BigCommerce is a well-known and popular solution among digital commerce tools. The developed platform with a setup wizard lets you launch a store quickly. With BigCommerce, you can sell any product and service and set up many custom options.
Using e-commerce software benefits online businesses, including expanding the market, reducing costs, and improving customer service. Introducing modern software allows you to count on increased sales and competitiveness.